GROUPE BELGE D’ETUDE DE LA SCLEROSE EN PLAQUES asbl
BELGISCHE STUDIEGROEP VOOR MULTIPLE SCLEROSE vzw
Statement from the Belgian Study Group for Multiple Sclerosis (BSGMS) on the protection of privacy and personal data
We thank you for your trust and we consider it our responsibility to protect your personal data, as required by the current legislation on the protection of privacy.
Our confidentiality policy is in effect on the following websites: www.bsgms.org. By using our website, you are automatically giving your consent with regards to our confidentiality policy. The BSGMS is not responsible for the confidentiality policies of other websites or sources used.
Why does the BSGMS collect and process personal data?
According to the law, the BSGMS can collect and process personal data for the following reasons only:
- If you have given your explicit consent
- If it is necessary to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested
- In order to comply with the law (including accounting management, tax obligations and obligations relating to judiciary ordinances and other obligatory laws and regulations)
- If there is a public or legitimate interest.
What personal data are collected by the BSGMS?
The BSGMS only collects the data that you disclose (for example: when you ask for information, subscribe to a newsletter, register for a scientific meeting we are organising, etc…).
How does the BSGMS process the data?
- Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the data collected is only used in specific contexts.
- The personal information collected by the BSGMS is never given to a third party
- Your personal data is used if its processing is required to provide you with a requested service
- With the exception of legal obligations, sensitive personal data are always handled confidentially and are never given to third parties.
How does the BSGMS store personal information?
All of the data collected is stored in a database belonging exclusively to the BSGMS.
If it becomes necessary within the scope of our current or future services, your personal data may be shared internally. Our employees are required to respect the confidentiality of this data.
What are your rights concerning your personal data?
- In accordance with the Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy, you have the right to consult, correct or remove your personal data
- If you wish to change or remove your data from our files, you can contact us at: email@example.com or at
+ 32 (0)2 426 49 30.
GBESP asbl- BSGMS vzw
Avenue Huart Hamoir – 1030 Brussels – Belgium
Last updated 08/03/2019.